Write a Project Summary OR Abstract to help you develop and hone your topic and begin collecting sources. You can complete the assignment in any tool you choose: just upload the URL from a blog post or Google Doc, .docx, or .pdf to the Canvas assignment page.
- Find: 2 or 3 source articles related to your group’s chosen topic, which include abstracts
- Provide a citation for the article in APA
- Read: the abstracts carefully and skim the articles as needed
- Identify: Is the abstract effective at conveying information, why or why not? What could have been included, but was not? What should have been excluded or replaced?
Write an abstract for your Proposal, as you envision it so far, in 150-200 words. Be as thorough as possible at this early stage and follow the guidelines laid out in Hewitt:
- Open with a statement of what work needs to be done/what problem needs to be solved
- Describe the methods that will be applied to the problem
- Encourage your audience to care about your project, i.e., the problem, and your solution
- Explain the context of the problem (and also your solution)
- Finally, describe your unique contribution AND/OR possible application of your solution
To set up your Blog go to https://classblogs20.iac.gatech.edu/wp-iac-signup.php (Links to an external site.). Please see the IAC Blogs How-To Slideshow for more on how to create and configure IAC Class Blogs.
As long as you publish your post to your IAC WordPress class blog on or before the assigned time/date, you will earn full points per document. Remember these activities are designed to develop skills we will use throughout the class and in the major projects. The documents also provide an opportunity for invention and revision.
Paste the URL from the post on your IAC WordPress site into the field in the Canvas Assignment Page. Don’t hesitate to email me with any questions if you run into any technical problems.